Using Actions to Apply Tags, Send Notifications or Give Product Access
Actions is a MemberVault feature that lets you customize how to automatically respond to certain user actions. This will replace the current tagging system, email notification system, and will allow easier gamification/bundling or products.
To get to your Actions window, simply log into your MemberVault account and on the left-hand menu, look for "Actions".
The Actions page is split up into sections to keep things organized as you add to it. At the top, you will see "User Actions", followed by a separate section for each product you have.
These are Actions that aren't tied to any particular product. At this time there are 3 possible actions in this category.
- Creates Account - When anyone new signs up for any one of your products and are new to your MV. You can use this to onboard people into your MV experience.
- Earns X EP - When a user earns some number of EP. You can use this unlock products, tag or even send yourself an email that this user is super engaged.
- First Logs In - When a user logs in for the first time. You can use this to tag and communicate with active users.
These are Actions that relate to specific products. You will likely only care to respond to certain actions in certain products. This gives you that ability. At this time there are 13 possible actions in this category.
- Added to Product - When someone is added to a product.
- Purchased Product - When someone purchases a paid product.
- Unlocked Product - When someone unlocks a product with EP.
- Viewed Teaser Content - When someone (who is logged in) checks out the teaser content for this product.
- Earns X Product EP - When someone earns some number of EP inside this product. (not total EP)
- Ghosts on Product - When a user does not engage with a product at all for 14 days past sign up.
- Star User on Product - When a user completes the product, and does so at a rate of 3 days per lesson (or faster). These are your super ENGAGED PEOPLE.
- Completes Product - When a user completes all the lessons in a product.
- Completes Module - When a user completes all the lessons in a module.
- Unlocks Module - When a user unlocks a bonus module with EP.
- Completes Lesson - When a user completes a lesson.
- Fails Quiz - When a user fails a quiz for a lesson. Only really used if you are using quiz questions to test for knowledge.
- Passes Quiz - When a user passes a quiz for a lesson. Only really used if you are using quiz questions to test for knowledge.
Responding to Actions
All of the above are actions that we want to respond to. On the right hand of every action, you can add any number of responses to take for that action. There are currently 3 things you can do to respond to an Action.
- Add a Tag - If you have your email platform integrated, this will add whatever tag you want.
- Send Notification - You can easily send an email notification to yourself or anyone else on your team to let you know when an Action has taken place.
- Add User to Product - This will give the user access to a certain product, anytime the action happens. This is great for gamification, progressive products, or bundling.
In this above example, when any user earns 10 EP in your account, MemberVault will automatically tag their record in our ActiveCampaign with "Earned 10 EP", send me an email notification, and add them to the Test Product.
Creating a bundle is easy with actions. When a user purchases product X, you can just add them to product Y, tag them, etc.
Unlocking a bonus product based on a specific module being complete (not just EP), is now possible.
Alert your team when someone purchases a product that requires an outreach.
Already using the old MemberVault tagging?
MemberVault will support the old automatic "membervault_" style tagging until August 1st. At that point, you will need to be moved over to using Actions. Most users are only using a small number of tags (if any), and shouldn't take you long at all to convert to Actions. Check out the article below for detailed steps on how to do this. The old automatic tagging will be turned off when you turn Actions ON.
If you have no idea what any of this is, you are probably NOT using tagging and can start using Actions whenever you like! You can always reach out to chat/email support if you have any questions or concerns.