Help, My Users Are Having Trouble Accessing My Account & Products!
As an MV Admin, it's very likely that at some point or another, a user will reach out with a concern regarding your account and their ability to access your products. We highly recommend going through these troubleshooting suggestions first to try and assist your person with their issue in a timely manner. Quite often the admin, you, can solve their issue for them very easily without having to contact support.
Here are a few common concerns that may come up for your users and ideas for troubleshooting:
They've forgotten their password for your account.
1. Guide them to use the 'forgot password' tool on your login page to reset their password.
2. You can reset their password for them by going into their user profile within your Admin account and selecting 'User Information'.
Note: when you reset a user's password and save the change, the 'reset password' field will return to being blank - this is intentional for security but the password has been saved and can be shared with your user.
They don't have permission to access the product they are trying to view.
1. If you have confirmed that they should have access to the product that they are trying to view, you can update their access by going to the Product area in their User Profile and checking off the product they should have access to.
2. If they haven't previously opted into or purchased the product in question, lead them to the best place to do so (ie. the product's teaser page in MV or the product's sales page if you are using an external site to promote the product).
They no longer have access to a product they once owned.
1. Check to see if their access has expired for a particular reason - for example, did you only have the product available for a limited time? Or did they cancel their subscription to the product at some point?
2. Confirm that the product type is set to Active or Invisible. If the product is set to 'inactive' any users who do own the product, will not be able to access it until it is changed to active or invisible.
They can't find the specific product they are looking for.
1. Ensure the product's sign-up type is not set to 'None'. If the product does not have a sign-up option assigned to it, it is essentially closed and will not be seen as an 'Available Product' in your account.
2. Check to see if the product is set to 'Invisible'. If so, it will not show on your account's Teaser Page and you'll need to give them the direct Teaser Link for the product so they can view the details and opt-in/purchase.
When in doubt...Test!
If you still can't troubleshoot your person's concern or if their concern is unrelated to one of the above suggestions, try logging in as them to see if you can replicate their issue/concern. Go to the User area in your account, find the user in question and use the 'login as user' link at the top of the page. This will allow you to log into your site as them so you can test their experience and the concern they've voiced.
More often than not, when one of your people reaches out with an issue - it can typically be solved by trying to replicate their issue. Meaning, in most cases, the concern is actually 'human error' or 'confusion' and not an issue with your products, account set-up or the platform.
If after testing the user experience yourself you are still not able to solve the matter for your person, please contact us directly via the chat support within your account or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with as much detail about the person's issue and what you've done thus far to try and troubleshoot/test the concern. This information will help us respond in a timely manner without having to ask for more information and causing further detail for your person.