GDPR and Legal Information
While MemberVault cannot give you legal advice, nor are GDPR experts, we have added some features and guidance to help you protect yourself legally, and be GDPR compliant.
Link to Your Legal Policies in the Footer
- Go to Settings / General and find the "Footer Links" section
- Add the FULL URL to those policies in the Link URL
- Hit "Save Footer Links"
This is what your users will see on the footer of the teaser and user area. You will NOT see them in the admin.
Update Product Opt In Checkbox
- Click edit on each product that is set to Form or Paid in sign up options. (aka using MemberVault forms)
- Customize the language for the checkbox as needed.
- It's also recommended to highlight the policy name and make it a link to where the policy lives. (make sure to choose New Window in Target so it opens in a new window and your users don't loose this page)
- Click "Save Sign Up Options"
Now your users will have to agree to your terms before signing themselves up when not logged in.
Our understanding of GDPR is that it is all about being really transparent with your users about what you are doing with their information. And because we now have opt in and payment forms inside of MemberVault, we've added Opt In Checkboxes to all forms to ensure that all users are taking affirmative action when signing up for your products.
As always, it's best to check with your attorney on the specifics, as no two businesses are the same!
If you have any issues or concerns, please let us know at email@example.com
The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.