How to Send Yourself a Notification When Someone Joins Your Product
While MV doesn't automatically send you a notification when someone is added to your product, you can easily set this up yourself using our Actions feature.
And notifications aren't limited to just when someone joins your product, you can also trigger a notification for other engagement milestones such as when someone completes a product.
Here are the steps to set-up a notification for yourself:
- Go to Actions in your left-side admin menu.
- Locate the product that you want to set-up the notification for.
- Click 'Add Action' under the specific product you are focused on creating the notification for.
- Under the 'When this happens' trigger setting, select the engagement milestone that you want to receive a notification for.
- Once you've selected the trigger for your notification, under the 'Do this...' action setting, select 'Send a Notification'.
- In the 'Email Address' field, add the email for where you want the notification to be sent. This could be your email or the email for someone else on your team.
If you want to send more than one notification for the same engagement milestone, use the '(add more)' option in the bottom right corner to add an additional notification action.
Now that you have your notification action set-up, you'll receive a notification any time someone triggers that particular Action for the product (in our example, whenever someone is added to the specific product).
The notification that you receive will be sent from email@example.com and will be a very simple message telling you who completed the engagement milestone in question.
These notifications cannot be amended and are not intended to be sent to your people (ie. your users/students/members). They are only intended to notify the admin(s) (ie. you or another member of your team).