How to Transition Your Account to MV's New Design
To much anticipation and excitement, MemberVault's new front-end design was 'officially' released at the end of January after a very successful 6-week 'BETA testing phase'. 🎉
As of March 1st, 2020, ALL pre-existing MemberVault sites will be rolled over to the platform's new design. This means that any members who have yet to make the switch to the new design by the end of February will have their sites automatically updated to the new design.
To help make this transition as smooth as possible for your audience and yourself, we recommend that you make the switch to the new design yourself before March 1st.
Here are the steps you need to complete to make the transition from the old front-end design to the new front-end design.
Step #1 - Determine Your New Brand Settings
- Go to 'Appearance' in your left-side navigation menu and select 'Branding'.
- Using the embed Preview as a visual guide, update the noted color fields & upload a new logo if desired (this logo will default to the current logo you've uploaded to your site and will appear in your header and on your login page).
*NOTE* - Please ensure that you do not set the Header Background & Header Text fields to the same color. Doing so will cause elements in your Header to be hidden from view. This will also cause an issue for the text in your Welcome Area (discussed below).
- Below the color fields, select whether you want the Product's on your main Products Page to be displayed in a Uniform or Flexible Layout.
All accounts are set to 'Uniform' by default.
- If desired, upload a new Favicon for your site.
- Once you are happy with the new brand settings you've put into place, return to the top of the page and change the 'Marketplace Mode' to 'New Design'. By default, this is set to 'Old Design' for accounts started prior to Feb. 1st, 2020. If you do not update this setting, your 'new design' settings will not take affect.
Step #2 - Set-Up Your Welcome Area (optional)
- Open the Welcome Area settings by selecting 'Welcome Area' under the 'Appearance' section in your left-side navigation menu.
- Complete the noted fields as outlined in this Welcome Area Set-Up Guide.
- Once you are happy with the Welcome Area content and settings, make sure you change the 'Show Welcome Area' setting at the top of the page to 'Yes'. By default, this is set to 'No'. If you do not update this setting, your welcome area will not be shown on your site.
Step #3 - Create an Announcement Bar (optional)
- Next, click on 'Announcement Bar' in the Appearance section of your left-side navigation menu. This area will allow you to create a notification message that will appear at the very top of your site when someone visits.
- To create your Announcement Bar, complete the noted color fields and add your text in the 'Announcement Text' area. We recommend keeping your text short so it remains on a single line in desktop view and only 2-3 lines in mobile view.
- Once you've completed these settings, make sure you set the 'Show Announcement Bar' setting to 'Yes' to have it displayed on your site.
When you've enabled your Announcement Bar, it will appear at the very top of your site. If someone would like to close the announcement bar, they can do so by using the 'x' in the far right corner. This will stop the Announcement Bar from showing for a full 7 days or until you make changes to the Announcement Bar's settings (whichever comes first).
Step #4 - Complete the Footer Details for Your Site
- Click on 'Footer' in the 'Appearance' section of your left-side navigation menu.
- Complete the available sections based on your preferences (About Text, Links & Social) as shown in this example:
Here's how the above details will translate to the site's footer area:
Although each section is considered 'optional', we do recommend adding something to each section - even if just 1-2 links and a short sentence in the About Text. Leaving a section of the Footer void of info, will create an empty column on your site as shown in this example where there is no About Text:
For those who would prefer to walk through these settings via a video tutorial, please click below:
⭐ Remember ⭐
ALL accounts will be moved over to the new design as of March 1st. To ensure the best experience possible for you and your audience, we recommend making the switch on your own terms prior to March 1st.