How to Add New Subscribers/Purchasers from Your ConvertKit Account
If you're a ConvertKit user and collecting subscribers or purchasers outside of MemberVault (ie. on your website or separate sales page), you'll need to create a webhook rule in your ConvertKit account to add your new subscriber/purchaser to your MemberVault account.
This webhook rule will create a user account for the new subscriber/purchaser and give them access to the product they selected. If the subscriber/purchaser already has an account within your MV under the same email address, a duplicate account will not be created - in this case, only their product access will be updated.
To create the webhook rule, follow these steps:
- In your MV Dashboard, go to Settings > Advanced Integration > ConvertKit Automation.
- In the ConvertKit Tag area, note the tag that should trigger this webhook. This is a tag that you already have set-up within your ConvertKit account that will be applied to the new subscriber/purchaser's profile in ConvertKit when they complete their request.
- Then select the product you wish to give access to using the 'Add User to Product' drop-down menu.
- Once you've selected the correct product, click the 'Add Product Webhook' button to create this webhook rule in your ConvertKit account.
- To confirm the webhook rule has been correctly set-up in your ConvertKit account, log into ConvertKit and go to Automations > Rules. You should see the webhook rule you just created at the very bottom of your Rules List - CK notes rules in order of oldest to newest.
Congrats! 🎉 Now, whenever a contact receives the tag in ConvertKit that you specified for this webhook rule, they will be added to your MV account and given access to the product you selected.
If a person should get access to a product based on the purchase of another product (ie. such as a bundle offer), you can set-up the webhook rule for the main product following the above steps and then use Actions to give them access to the other product(s) they should receive.