How to Add an Interactive Presentation to Your Lesson Using Google Slides
Depending on the type of content you share in your account, it's very likely that you may wish to embed a presentation directly into one of your lessons. This can easily be done using Google Slides and provides a great experience for your users.
In Google Slides:
- Create your presentation.
- Once you've completed your presentation, you'll need to 'publish to the web' to generate an embed code for the file:
- Go to File.
- Select 'Publish to the web'. (located under 'Move to Trash')
- A pop-up window will open, select the 'Embed' option.
- Select the settings that you'd like for your particular presentation or leave the defaults in place and then click 'Publish'.
- Once you confirm your request to 'Publish', you'll be provided with an embed code for the presentation.
- Copy the embed code to your clipboard.
Embedding Your Presentation in MV:
- With the embed code for the presentation copied to your clipboard, open the lesson in MV where you wish to add the presentation.
- In the text area, add your cursor to the spot where you wish to embed the presentation.
- Click the 'insert/edit media' icon.
- When the 'media' area opens, select 'Embed' and paste in the code you grabbed from Google Slides.
- Click 'Ok' to embed the presentation into your lesson.
- The presentation will appear within your lesson area in the location you specified. It may look a little different than the original presentation but don't worry.
- Scroll to the top of the lesson and use the 'Preview Mode' to test how the presentation will appear for your users.
You have now embedded an interactive slide directly into your lesson.
And with Google Slides, your users will be able to 'play' the presentation or advanced the slides on their own using the controls at the bottom of the presentation window.