How to Trigger an Email in Your Email Service Using Actions
It's important to note that MemberVault does not send emails on your behalf.
But don't worry, using MemberVault to trigger an email or automation from within your own email service is easy with our Actions feature. All you need to do is set-up a tag action for the product in question.
[A special note for those using MailerLite as their email service - MailerLite uses 'Groups' instead of 'Tags' in their platform. The concept is the same, however. So just keep in mind while reviewing this article that wherever 'tags' are mentioned, those will be handled as 'groups' inside your MailerLite account.]
Here are the steps you'll need to take:
- Open your Actions area (in your left-side navigation menu).
- Locate the product you wish to send an email for.
- Click 'Add Action'.
- Under 'What this happens...' field (ie. the trigger), select 'Added to Product'.
- Under the 'Do this...' field (ie. the action), select 'Add a Tag' and note the tag that you want to be added to your user's profile in your email service.
This 'tag action' will ensure your user is tagged appropriately in your email service when they are added to the specific product for which the Action has been created.
- In your email service, use the tag you've specified to trigger your desired email or automation.
Not sure how to trigger an email using a tag in your email service? Select your email service below for more information.
There is a lot more that can be done using Actions - be sure to check out our article "Action Triggers - what does each one mean?" to get more insight into the kinds of things you can do with Actions.